Quick Kimchi Slaw
Serve this crunchy, spicy easy-to-make slaw with Korean Barbecue Chicken Thigh Sliders.
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red onion, quartered lengthwise, then very thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- A couple of generous forkfuls of sliced pickled ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, very thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
Combine the cabbage, onion, garlic, pickled ginger and pepper in small container with a tight-fitting lid.
Heat the vinegar with the hot sauce, water and sugar to dissolve the sugar. Pour over the cabbage, then cover and shake. Refrigerate for a couple of hours, shaking the container occasionally.