Quick Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast pieces, halved across the breasts with sharp knife
- 4 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Optional garnishes: giardiniera or balsamic drizzle
Pre-heat the oven to 450˚F.
Place the potatoes, cauliflower and garlic in a pot with tight-fitting lid. Season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and bring to boil. Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer, cooking for 10-12 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large, cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Add the EVOO to the skillet, two turns of the pan. When the EVOO smokes, add chicken skin-side down and cook 10 minutes or so, turning once.
Remove the chicken to a plate and add the wine to the pan, scraping up the drippings. Add the potatoes, cauliflower and garlic to the pan and top with the browned chicken. Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes more, until the vegetables are very tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Serve the chicken, potatoes and cauliflower with giardiniera alongside or topped with a little balsamic drizzle, if desired.