Here’s a great way to serve a whole grain at your next family meal. Quinoa has a nutty and robust flavor.
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain, chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
Cook quinoa according to package directions, using the stock or broth instead of water. Once cooked, put quinoa into a bowl and allow it to cool to room tempertature. Toss with oil and vingear or lemon juice. Add scallions, almonds, cranberries and cheese. Serve as a side dish or as a main course with a salad.