Rachael’s Chimichurri Chicken Bites
This recipe is my take on chimichurri, oil, vinegar, onions and garlic, herbs and spices that serve as both marinade and dipping sauce.
- 1 rounded tablespoon sweet paprika
- 3/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves (a couple of handfuls)
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (3 splashes)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 -1 3/4 pounds chicken tenders
Pre-heat a grill pan over high heat.
In a food processor combine the paprika, parsley, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, onion, garlic and cayenne. Finely chop the mixture by pulsing.
Heat the EVOO (eyeball it) in a small pan over medium low heat. When the EVOO is warm, stir the herb and garlic mixture into it and heat 3-5 minutes, then remove from heat. The EVOO will become infused with the flavor of the herbs and garlic. Transfer to a bowl and stir in vinegar and salt. Taste to adjust seasonings.
Cut the chicken tenders into thirds and place in a shallow dish. Wash hands.
Spoon half of your chimichurri over the chicken and coat completely and evenly. Using tongs, transfer the bites to the hot grill and cook 2 or 3 minutes on each side. Transfer bites to a serving plate. Serve with party picks and reserved chimichurri sauce for dipping.