Radish, Apple and Onion Salad
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 Red Delicious apples, cored, seeded and thinly sliced and tossed with 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce or red leaf lettuce, chopped
Dill and Poppy Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
Combine the radish, apple (coated in lemon juice to prevent browning) and onion with chopped lettuce.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar with sugar and salt. Whisk in the EVOO, then stir in the sour cream, poppy seeds and dill. Drizzle the dressing evenly over the salad and serve.