Raw Corn Salad
Lime and a dressing with a kick give this end-of-summer veggie salad zest! Serve with Deviled Stove-to-Oven Fried Chicken for a super tailgate party!
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Juice of 3 limes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 ears corn on the cob, kernels scraped
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped or 5-6 scallions, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and chopped
Grate the shallot into a mixing bowl. Whisk in the hot sauce, lime juice, salt, pepper and EVOO. Add the corn, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and pepper and toss to combine.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.