Red Cabbage Cole Slaw
This tangy, colorful slaw goes well with chili, burgers and grilled meats.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (about a large handful), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 large head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery from the heart, thinly sliced on a bias
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, parsley and garlic. Season the dressing with salt and black pepper. Add the veggies to the bowl (ask a grown-up helper for help with the chopping, if you need it) and toss to coat.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.