Red, White and Blue-gers – Turkey Burger Clubs
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
For the Blue Ranch:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup smoked blue cheese or blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons cream or half-n-half
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup mixed chopped parsley, dill and chives
- Hot sauce, such as Tabasco, to taste
- 12 slices meaty bacon
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 packages ground turkey
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated onion and its juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 white hamburger rolls or brioche burger rolls, lightly toasted
- Sliced bread-and-butter pickles
- Boston, Gem or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 large beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes, sliced and seasoned with celery salt
- Blue corn tortilla chips, preferred brand Que Pasa
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine ingredients for the Blue Ranch dressing in a food processor, process until smooth and taste to adjust seasoning and hot sauce. Reserve.
Place bacon on a slotted pan or wire rack inserted onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake to crisp and well-browned, 18 minutes.
Combine the red onions and lime juice with salt and pepper to quick-pickle the onions.
Combine turkey with salt, pepper, grated onion, garlic, Worcestershire and mustard. Form 6 patties that are thinner at the center and thicker at the edges for even cooking.
Heat a cast-iron griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
Drizzle burgers with oil and cook patties 7-8 minutes, turning occasionally.
Lightly toast the buns and stack: bun, pickled onions, pickles, burger patty, bacon, lettuce, a tomato slice seasoned with celery salt and the bun tops.