Red, White and Blue Grilled Barbecue Potato Salad
Try serving this festive potato salad with Turkey Chili Cheeseburgers.
- 2 pounds baby Yukon Gold, Red Bliss and Peruvian Blue potatoes
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- A couple of dashes of hot sauce, depending on how hot you like it!
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white wine
Pre-heat an outdoor grill or grill pan.
Cut the large potatoes into thirds (rounds about 1/2-inch thick), then cut the medium potatoes in half. You can leave small potatoes whole. Season the potatoes and scallions with EVOO, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Place the potatoes and scallions on the grill and tent them with one large piece of foil. Cook the scallions until they are charred slightly, about 7 minutes, then remove them to a large mixing bowl to cool. Once the scallions come off, turn the potatoes and cook them for 7-10 more minutes, until tender.
Roughly chop the scallions into bite-size pieces, then place them back into the mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, hot sauce and vinegar to the bowl and season with a bit more salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir until the sugar is somewhat dissolved.
As the potatoes finish cooking, transfer them into the bowl with the dressing. Once they are all off the grill, toss them in the dressing to coat. Serve the potato salad warm or at room temperature.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.