Ritz Cracker Chicken Fingers with Sriracha Soy Ketchup
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- Flour, for breading chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, whizzed into crumbs in a food processor
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 rounded teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 20 chicken breast tenders
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 2 tablespoon dark aged soy sauce or tam
- Finely chopped scallions, for garnish
- Celery sticks and hot giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables), for serving
Set up three shallow dishes: one with flour, salt and pepper; in the second, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper; in the third, mix the cracker crumbs, cheese, paprika and granulated garlic and onion.
Dredge the chicken in the flour, dip it in the egg then coat in the cracker mixture, pressing to adhere. Working in batches, fry chicken until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. (If the coating gets too brown before the chicken is done, transfer the chicken to a baking sheet, cover with foil and bake at 350°F until cooked through.)
In a small bowl, mix the ketchup with the sriracha and soy sauce. Arrange the chicken on a platter, sprinkle with the scallions and serve with the sriracha-soy ketchup, celery sticks and giardiniera alongside.