Roasted Squash Vegetable Medley
If you’re not a fan of zucchini or squash, this recipe may change your mind! This easy, colorful, healthy dish is delicious with Dijon Tarragon Chicken Breasts as well as with a variety of other mains. It also makes a great side for Thanksgiving meals.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, halved, then cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
Combine zucchini and yellow squash pieces with onions and mushrooms in a mixing bowl. Add EVOO to the bowl, about two turns of the bowl in a slow stream. Toss veggies until they are coated lightly and evenly with the EVOO.
Combine poultry seasoning with salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly over the vegetables. Toss them again to combine and spread them out onto a baking sheet. Place veggies in a hot oven and roast 20-25 minutes until tender. Toss and turn the veggies with kitchen tongs halfway through cooking time.