Roasted Veggie Dip
Next time you make a turkey sandwich, slap some of this veggie dip on the bread rather than mayo for a lighter and more flavorful lunch! –RR
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 small eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into thick half-moons
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 20 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves (a handful), chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Place the veggies on a cookie sheet, drizzle them with EVOO and balsamic vinegar, then season them liberally with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat thoroughly and transfer to the oven to roast for 30-40 minutes, until brown and tender.
Cool the veggies and transfer them to a food processor with the basil and parsley. Pulse to chop and combine. Transfer the dip to a bowl and stir; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with baked pita chips, celery sticks and carrot sticks for a healthy snack.