Rollover Turkey Vegetable Chili
This is the third dish from the Turkey Bolognese with Whole Wheat Spaghetti rollover meal. Make the sauce with whole wheat pasta the first night, then make Turkey Tomato Soup the next night or for the kids’ lunch the next day. Serve this heart-healthy chili the last night.
- 3-4 cups leftover Bolognese sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 1 box frozen corn (10 ounces)
- 1 can black or red beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, pepper Jack or smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- Baked tortilla chips, lightly crushed
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
Pre-heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO. Add in the grated zucchini and cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add the frozen corn, black or red beans and chili powder. Add in the Bolognese sauce and bring up to a bubble. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
To serve, ladle the chili into bowls and top with cheese and lightly crushed tortilla chips.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.