Romaine Hearts with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 large hearts romaine lettuce
- 4 large, ripe strawberries, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (eyeball it)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
Cut each heart in half lengthwise, trim away core, rinse and dry.
Place the strawberries in a shallow bowl with vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes. Whisk in the EVOO (eyeball it) and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Place a half-heart on each salad plate or on a large platter and dress with the strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. Garnish with toasted almonds.