Romaine Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
Serve with Not-sagna Pasta Toss.
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, drained well, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, (eyeball it)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), (eyeball it)
- A drizzle of honey
- 4 romaine hearts
- A handful pitted kalamata olives, chopped
Place roasted red bell peppers in food processor bowl. Season them up with salt and pepper. Add garlic and vinegar to food processor. Turn processor on and stream in EVOO and some honey. When dressing is smooth and combined, stop and adjust seasonings.
Chop romaine into bite-sized pieces and put in a salad bowl then pour the dressing over lettuce, toss and serve. Garnish with chopped olives.