Root Vegetable Patties
- 2 parsnips, peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 cups shredded frozen hash brown potatoes
- 3 scallions, whites and greens chopped
- A handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a bowl.
Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet, then drop four mounds of vegetables, using about half of the veggie mix, into the the skillet and flatten each mound a bit. Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining oil and vegetables to make eight patties, total. Serve at room temperature.