Rotisserie Chicken Cobb Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 pound meaty bacon, about 12 slices
- 1 ripe Haas Avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- 2 tablespoons white wine or white balsamic vinegar
- About 1/4 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1/2 cup herbs, a combination of chives, dill, parsley and tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- 3 heads butter lettuce, leaves separated or 2 hearts of Romaine, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions or scallions, thinly sliced on bias
- 2 vine tomatoes, halved and cut into thin wedges
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled for 10 minutes and quartered
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, meat pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup smoked blue cheese or blue cheese crumbles
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bake bacon on a slotted pan or metal rack set on a rimmed baking sheet to very crisp. Cut slices into thirds.
Place avocado in a food processor and add lemon or lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, Tabasco, sour cream or yogurt, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Pulse into a dressing and transfer to a serving bowl.
Arrange lettuce on a large serving platter and top the lettuce with onions, tomatoes, eggs, chicken, blue cheese and bacon. Working in any arrangement you like, set stripes of each ingredient or place them in a scattered pattern. Serve dressing alongside.