Rotisserie Chicken Cold Noodles
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or soba noodles
- About 1/4 cup soy sauce or Tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce (I like the one with the rooster on the label)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon light honey or light agave
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced on a bias
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup basil, torn or chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed and meat shredded
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce or heart of Romaine
Bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt and cook soba or pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain and cool.
Whisk up soy or Tamari, vinegar, chili-garlic sauce, lime juice, honey or agave, ginger, garlic and oil in a large serving bowl. Add scallions, red onion, peanuts, basil, chicken, cold noodles and lettuce, and toss to combine. Adjust flavors/seasonings, adding salt and pepper to taste.