These rum balls are an old family recipe passed down from my Aunt Missy and much loved by my family. Another favorite on our Christmas cookie platter – plus, no baking required!
- 2 cups Nilla Wafer crumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup rum, brandy or bourbon
- Additional confectioners’ sugar, for rolling
Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly. Shape into small (walnut-sized) balls. Roll the balls in confectioners’ sugar. Place the balls in a single layer in air-tight container/s and refrigerate for 3-4 days before serving.