Salad with Toasted Chickpeas and Olive Vinaigrette
- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounces) drained, rinsed and dried
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped or 5-6 cups chopped bagged lettuce
- 1/2 cup Spanish green olives with pimento, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4-1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
Place the chickpeas in a small skillet and cook over medium heat until toasted, 12-15 minutes. Cool on a plate.
Place the lettuce in bowl and top with the chickpeas. Place the olives in a food processor with the vinegar. Turn the processor on and stream in the EVOO to combine.
Dress the salad and season with salt and pepper, to taste.