- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4-1/3 pound salami (Genoa, dry or sopressata), deli-sliced or whole mini slices, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2-3 scallions, chopped (1/4 onion may be substituted)
- 1 plum tomato or 1 vine-ripe tomato, seeded and chopped or 3 tablespoons chopped sundried tomatos – your preference, depending on what you have on hand
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces your choice of: Boursin garlic and herb cheese, crumbled or Alouette garlic and herb cheese (4 rounded spoonfuls) or crumbled feta cheese or crumbled herb goat cheese – again, your preference and depending on what you have on hand
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Basil leaves, chopped or torn, for garnish (optional)
Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add EVOO, about one turn of the pan in a slow stream, and salami. Cook salami until it renders some fat and starts to turn a deep burgundy color, about two minutes.
Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds, then add scallions or onion and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Add tomatoes and cook another minute. Scramble eggs with cheese, a little salt and a generous amount of pepper. Add eggs to pan and scramble it all up together. Serve scrambles with parsley and/or basil garnish.