- 1 small Idaho potato, peeled
- 1 small onion (about 1/3 cup), coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme (1/3 palmful)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Grate the potato onto a cutting board, salt it, then transfer to a paper towel-lined bowl or plate to drain.
Place potato, onion, pork, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse grind to form a sausage mixture.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat with EVOO, about two turns of the pan. When EVOO is hot, form eight 1/2-inch thick, 3-inch widepotato-sausage patties and set into skillet. Cook patties 6-7 minutes on each side until they are deep golden brown in color.