Sautéed Asparagus Tips and Peas
This dish is perfect for spring – you can showcase the fresh peas and asparagus with the ricotta-mint garnish.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, tips cut from stalks
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 boxes frozen peas (10 ounces each), defrosted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
Place a large skillet over medium heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the shallots to the pan and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
Add the asparagus tips and stock to the pan and cook until the asparagus is tender, 2-3 minutes. Add the peas to the pan and cook until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
While the veggies are cooking, combine the ricotta with the mint and parsley in a small bowl. To serve, transfer the veggies to a serving dish and top with the herbed ricotta.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.