Savoy Cabbage with Caraway
You can use Chinese cabbage (shown) instead of Savoy in this recipe.
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 fresh or dried bay leaf
- 1 small head Savoy cabbage, cored and shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the caraway seeds and toast for 1 minute. Add the EVOO, one turn of the pan, and the butter. When the butter melts, add the bay leaf and cabbage. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until wilted. Discard the bay leaf before serving.