Shimmy and Roast – Asia
- 3 cups of panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ground ginger
- 1/4 cup ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large sealable plastic bag (gallon size)
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 3 scallions, mostly green parts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 take-out packets of duck sauce
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Mix the breadcrumbs, ground ginger, ground coriander, salt, pepper and lemon zest in the plastic bag and toss to combine.
Add the chicken, a couple pieces at a time, seal the bag and give it a good shimmy-shake to coat each piece. Place the coated chicken on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken until all the pieces are coated. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
Into a container with a lid, place the scallions, garlic, vinegar and duck sauce. Tighten the lid, and then give it a good shimmy to mix it up. In a salad bowl, add the tomatoes, red pepper, red onion and romaine, and pour dressing over the salad.
Season with salt and pepper, toss to coat and serve alongside the chicken.