Shimmy and Roast – Mexico
- 3 cups breadcrumbs
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/2 cup cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sealable plastic bag (gallon size)
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Mix the breadcrumbs, lime zest, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in the plastic bag and toss to combine.
Add the chicken, a couple pieces at a time, seal the bag and give it a good shimmy-shake to coat each piece. Place the coated chicken on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken until all the pieces are coated. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
Into a container with a lid, place the lime juice, garlic and EVOO. Tighten the lid, and then give it a good shimmy to mix it up. In a salad bowl, add the tomatoes, red pepper, red onion and romaine, and pour dressing over the salad.
Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and toss to coat. Serve salad alongside the chicken.