Shrimp Cocktail with Rach’s Quick Remoulade
For a complete meal, serve with One Great Gumbo with Chicken and Andouille Sausage and Green Salad with Red Pepper Relish Dressing.
- 1 lemon
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds (a palmful)
- 36 large-jumbo shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined, ask for these at fish counter
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Creole mustard (eyeball it)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Place a deep pot half-filled with water on stove over high heat. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into water, and then drop the halved lemon into pot. Add bay leaves, coriander and mustard seeds to the water. When the water boils, add shrimp. Boil 5 minutes or until pink and tails curl towards the heads. Drain and cold shock under running water.
Combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon, cayenne, celery and scallions in a small bowl. Arrange shrimp around sauce on serving plate.