Skinless BBQ Chicken
Rach’s bold BBQ sauce gives plain skinless chicken fantastic flavor. Serve Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Honey as a side for a healthy meal.
Rach’s Nearly Famous BBQ Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup (look for organic and low sugar ketchups next time your pantry runs out)
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark amber maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 palmful coarse black pepper
For the chicken:
- 4 small bone-in chicken breasts
- 4 bone-in chicken legs or thighs
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, whites and greens, chopped
Place all of the ingredients for the sauce in a small pot and bring to a bubble. Reduce the heat to low and let thicken for 30 minutes. When the sauce is done, prepare the chicken.
Remove the skin from the chicken pieces and discard. Arrange the chicken on a broiler pan or on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet. Place the rack in the center of the oven and pre-heat the broiler.
Dress the chicken pieces lightly with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Broil for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until the juices run clear. Baste the chicken very liberally with sauce and broil for another minute or two to set the sauce.
Garnish the chicken with the chopped scallions and serve.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.