Sloppy Turkey Suiza Sliders
Rachael served these sloppies at her
2012 Feedback Party in Austin, Texas!
For the sloppies:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or corn oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey, ground turkey breast or ground chicken
- 6 tomatillos, peeled, rinsed and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- 12 slider rolls, split
For the toppings:
- Shredded Swiss cheese and Monterey Jack cheese (blended)
- Finely diced red onion
- Cilantro leaves
Heat the oil, two turns of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey or chicken and use the back of a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the chicken into crumbles so that it can brown evenly. Add the tomatillos, onion, garlic, jalapeño, coriander, cumin and salt and pepper. Cook to mellow the tomatillos and soften the onion, about 5 minutes. Stir in the honey, Worcestershire sauce and stock and squeeze in the lime juice. Simmer to thicken, a few minutes.
Spoon the filling over the roll bottoms and top with the cheese, red onion and cilantro. Set the roll tops in place.