Smoked Paprika Potato Wedges
Serve with Brooklyn Barbecue Chili Burgers with Oil and Vinegar Slaw. To change things up, you can also try small sweet potato wedges, parboiled, then roasted in the same manner.
- 18 small white potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grill seasoning or lots of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika (about 2/3 palmful)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, grated or crushed into a paste
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
Put the potatoes in a large pot over medium heat and cover with water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Add salt, to taste, to the water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and put the hot potatoes, while hot, in a bowl. Add the EVOO, grill seasoning and the paprika and toss to coat evenly.
Arrange the potatoes on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet, so the heat can go all around the wedges. Roast until crisp, about 15-18 minutes.
Remove the potatoes from the oven to a platter. In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, garlic, chives and hot sauce. Serve the potatoes hot with the dipping sauce alongside.