Sofrito is a staple in Spanish and Latin American cuisine and gives Yellow Rice – Arroz Amarillo its flavor. It refrigerates for up to 3 days.
Rachael makes this version with friend and chef Daisy Martinez.
- 2 medium Spanish onions, cut into large chunks
- 3-4 Italian frying peppers or cubanelle peppers, cut into large chunks
- 16-20 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large bunch cilantro, washed
- 4 leaves cilantro
- 3-4 ripe plum tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into large chunks
Add the onion and cubanelle or Italian peppers into a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
With the food processor running, add the remaining ingredients one at a time and process until smooth.