Spanish-Style Skirt Steak Pinwheels
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small pieces (1/2 pound to 12 ounces each) skirt steak
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, stemmed
- 1/2 pound Spanish chorizo, casing removed and grated
- 1/2 pound Manchego cheese, shaved with vegetable peeler
- 1/2 lemon
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Pound the meat very thin and dress with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Top with lots of parsley, evenly covering the meat. Top parsley with a layer of grated chorizo and then cover chorizo with cheese. Roll meat tightly and tie in 2 places tightly with string. Cut each steak into 2 pinwheels.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and brown pinwheels on each side. Add lemon to pan and transfer skillet to oven; roast 10 minutes. Douse pinwheels with lemon juice and serve.