Spanish Tapas: Chorizo Pan-Roasted Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 2 links dry cured chorizo, casings removed and sliced into discs
- 1 pint crimini or white button mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Place the potatoes in a pot with cold water and a hearty pinch of salt. Place over high heat and bring up to a boil. Cook the potatoes until a knife can just pierce them but they’re not yet soft, about 5 minutes. Drain and dress the potatoes with 1 tablespoon EVOO, salt and pepper.
Place a large, cast-iron skillet over medium heat with one turn of the pan EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. In a single layer, add the chorizo, mushrooms (cap side down), garlic and potatoes, then cook until crispy and golden brown, 6-7 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the sherry, add the parsley and toss to coat.