Spicy Chopped Salad with Tortillas
For a complete meal, serve with Spanish-Style Beef and Rice and Stuffed Peppers with Beef, Rice, Spinach and Cheese.
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons canned or jarred sliced jalapeños, drained
- 3 tablespoons salad olives, manzanilla with pimento, drained
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips, any variety
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
Combine lettuce, jalopeños, olives, tomatoes and onion in a bowl, toss with tortilla chip pieces. In a second bowl, combine taco sauce, lime juice, cilantro or parsley. Whisk in EVOO, eyeball it, in a slow stream until dressing is combined. Toss salad with dressing to combine and coat ingredients evenly and then serve.