Spicy Hummus: Quick Chickpea Spread
For a complete Greek meal, serve with Eggplant Curry with Toasted Almonds and Lychee Nuts and Pineapple Chunks with Mango Sorbet.
- 1 can chickpeas (14.5 ounces), drained
- 2 rounded tablespoons tahini sesame paste, found in both dairy and dry specialty foods sections
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (about 1/3 of a palmful)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (about 1/3 of a palmful)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 package of pita bread, grilled and cut into wedges for dipping
Combine chickpeas, tahini, EVOO, pepper flakes, cumin, coriander, garlic, salt, and lemon juice in food processor bowl and grind into a smooth paste. Transfer to a small dip dish and spread the with warm pita wedges around it on a serving platter.