Spicy Italian Beef Nachos
Spicy and cheesy, prepare to chow down on these nachos created for Feedback 2016 in Chicago!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, more to thin as needed
- 1 cup beer, such as Blue Moon
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 1/2 cups shredded (3/4 pound) sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bag good-quality corn tortilla chips
- 1 pound Chicago-style Italian Beef, rough chopped, warmed through
- 1 cup Chicago-style spicy giardiniera, rough chopped or pulsed in a food processor
In a medium sauce pot over medium to medium-high heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk together. When pale golden, whisk in milk, then whisk in beer, bring to a bubble and let cook out a few minutes or until slightly thickened. Add mustard, spices and Worcestershire to sauce, then stir in cheese with a spoon off heat. Reduce heat to low and keep sauce warm.
Place chips on a platter or in individual serving bowls. Top with cheese sauce, chopped Italian Beef and giardiniera.