Spicy Not-Baked Beans
This recipe is a delicious updated version of good ol’ baked beans.
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon-1 tablespoon hot sauce, depending on how spicy you like it (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (1/3 palmful)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 English (seedless) cucumber, chopped
- 2 handfuls flat leaf parsley (1/3-1/2 cup), chopped
- 2 cans butter beans, rinsed and drained well
- Salt and pepper
Combine the garlic, hot sauce, cumin (eyeball it), lemon juice, and EVOO in a bowl. Then add the chopped vegetables, parsley and beans. Toss salad to coat in dressing and season liberally with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or chill up to three days.