Spinach and Artichoke Tuna Melts
This super tuna melt is loaded with nutrition and flavor.
- 2 cans Italian tuna (5 ounces each can), drained and flaked
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water (14 ounces), drained well and chopped
- 1 box thawed frozen chopped spinach (10 ounces) , drained well and pulled apart
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery hearts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 large ciabatta rolls
- 2 cups shredded mild provolone cheese
- Sliced tomato, for topping
Position a rack in the center of the oven and pre-heat the broiler.
In a bowl, combine the tuna, artichoke hearts, spinach, lemon juice, onion, celery, EVOO, parsley, capers and garlic; season with pepper.
Split the ciabatta rolls and arrange on a baking sheet. Top the bottoms with even mounds of tuna salad and cheese. Broil to melt the cheese and toast the roll tops. Add the sliced tomato to the sandwiches, cover with the roll tops and serve.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, visit