Spinach-Artichoke Hummus and Cheesy Toast
- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 box chopped frozen spinach (10 ounces), defrosted
- 1 can artichokes (15 ounces), drained
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Asiago cheese, divided
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
Pre-heat the broiler to high.
In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt, freshly ground black pepper and EVOO and puree until smooth. Add the spinach, artichokes and 1/4 cup of the grated cheese and pulse until everything is just barely combined.
Sprinkle the remaining grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Asiago cheese on the baguette slices and toast them under the broiler until the cheese is golden and melted. Serve the toasts with the hummus alongside.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.