Spinach Artichoke Potato Skins
Your favorite spinach-artichoke dip inside a potato skin. Touchdown!
- 3 pounds Idaho potatoes
- 1/4 cup white onion, small diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach (10 ounces), defrosted and squeezed of excess water
- 1 box frozen artichokes, defrosted, drained and finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 25-30 minutes. Remove and set aside until cool enough to touch. Cut each potato in half and scoop the insides out into a medium size mixing bowl. Place the skins, cut-sides up, back onto the baking sheet.
In a sauté pan, cook the onion and garlic until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Place the softened cream cheese into the mixing bowl with the potato flesh. Add the spinach mixture, artichokes, lemon zest, 1/4 cup cheddar, 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, salt and ground black pepper to the mixing bowl and mix well.
With a small spoon, scoop the spinach-artichoke potatoes into the little potato skins. Top with the remaining Parmigiano and cheddar, and place back in the oven until the cheese is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, visit