- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus extra for drizzling
- 2 big rib-eye steaks, each about 1 1/4-inches thick
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and ground black pepper
Pre-heat oven to 400ºF. Place a large, cast iron skillet over high heat with 3 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 3 tablespoons.
While the pan is heating up, rub the steaks with the cut sides of the garlic cloves and season them with salt and pepper.
When the oil in the pan just begins to smoke, add the rosemary and the steaks to the pan and sear them on one side until deep golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip the steaks and transfer the pan to the oven to finish cooking to your desired doneness, about 5 minutes for medium.
When the steaks have finished cooking, pour a light drizzle of EVOO over your cutting board and place the steaks down on top. Thinly slice the meat and serve immediately.