Stuffed Cherry Peppers
For the hot stuffed cherry peppers:
- 8 1/2-inch cubes of pepperoncino (crushed red pepper Italian table cheese) – Asiago or pepato cheese may be substituted, available in specialty cheese case
- 4 slices cappicola (hot Italian ham), cut in half
- 8 hot cherry peppers, tops removed and seeded
For the sweet stuffed cherry peppers:
- 2 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- 3 ounces herb and garlic spreadable cheese or goat cheese
- 1 rib celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 sweet cherry peppers, tops removed and seeded
For the hot peppers: Wrap the cheese cubes in half of one slice of hot ham. Stuff the ham-wrapped cheese cubes inside the cherry peppers and reset the caps with a toothpick.
For the sweet peppers: Spread each slice of prosciutto with a thin layer of herb and garlic cheese. Cut each slice of ham into four pieces, then wrap a piece of celery inside each strip of ham. Stuff the meat and cheese-wrapped celery into each cherry pepper.