Stuffed Poker Rolls
Here’s a really imaginative variation of an eggsalad sandwich, sent to us by user Ronald Ludwig.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, finely chopped
- 3 pounds sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can chopped mild green chili
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 jar stuffed green olives (15 ounces), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 can tomato sauce
- 5 dozen French (small) rolls
Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
Mix all the ingredients except for the rolls together in a large bowl. Slice the rolls in half, then hollow out the top and bottom halves of the rolls.
Stuff the rolls with filling mixture, then wrap them in foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.