Sunny Pumpkin Choco Cookies
This recipe was sent to rachaelray.com visitor, Corralee Longdin who warns, "Double this recipe as they will be gone quickly!" Corralee gives us the peanut-free version of this recipe for those with allergies.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 package cocoa covered sunflower seeds (you can find them at www.peanutfreeplanet.com)
- 2 cups white whocolate or milk chocolate semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1-2 cans of pureed pumpkin (15-ounce cans)
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in small bowl.
Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in white chocolate or milk chocolate chips AND sunflower seeds!
Drop Texas-size rounded heaps onto sprayed/greased baking sheets.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
PAN COOKIES: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.