Sweet Relish Salad
Crisp veggies and red wine vinaigrette add pizazz to plain sweet pickle relish. Serve with Hungarian Hot Sausage and Lentil Stoup.
- 2 rounded tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, core removed and chopped
- 1 cup pre-shredded carrots (a couple of handfuls)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
In the bottom of a salad bowl, mix together the sweet pickle relish, ketchup, vinegar, and EVOO (eyeball it) with a whisk. Add the lettuce and veggies to the bowl and toss. Season the salad with salt and pepper, toss it again and taste to adjust the seasoning.