T-Bone Steaks with Chopped Green Garni, Broiled Tomatoes with Cheese, Olives and Herbs
- 6 T-bone steaks (1-inch-thick)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling
- 6 vine-ripe tomatoes, tops removed, seeds scooped out
- Salt and pepper
- 3 slices good quality bread, crusts trimmed, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup pitted good quality green or black olives, (a couple of handfuls)
- 3 handfuls flat-leaf parsley tops
- 5-6 stems fresh sage, stripped
- 3/4 cup grated Romano, 3 handfuls
- 2 cups arugula, chopped
- 1 cup (20 leaves) shredded or torn basil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
Pre-heat a large griddle or large skillet over high heat. Brush the meat with EVOO , you’ll need about 1/4 cup. Sear the steaks 2 minutes on each side, 3 at a time. Arrange steaks on baking sheet. When steaks are all seared off, transfer to oven and roast 5-6 minutes for medium doneness, subtract or add 2 minutes to that time for medium- rare to medium-well.
Place tomatoes on a broiler pan and season with salt and pepper. Combine the bread, olives, parsley, sage and Romano in the food processor and pulse grind the mixture. Dress the mixture with some EVOO salt and pepper and fill the tomatoes.
Dress chopped arugula and basil with a little lemon juice, EVOO, and salt and pepper.
Remove steaks and let rest. Switch broiler on and broil tomatoes a couple of minutes to brown the cheese and bread crumbs on top.
Serve steaks with greens on top and broiled tomatoes alongside.