Tacozangna and Banana Cheesecakes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey or ground sirloin
- 1 zucchini
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons chili powder, 3 palmfuls
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2/3 palmful
- 1 tablespoon coriander, a palmful
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 3 cups shredded Chihuahua cheese or Monterey Jack
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups prepared Philly brand cheesecake filling
- 2 very ripe bananas with spotty skins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 individual graham cracker crusts
- Whipped cream
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Heat a large high sided skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Add the meat and brown, 5 minutes.
While meat browns, grate the zucchini and carrots with a box grater. Add the vegetables to the meat and grate in the onion and garlic. Season the meat with chili, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and cook 7-8 minutes more to soften vegetables. Stir in beef stock.
Grease a 8 X 13-inch baking pan with vegetable oil. Layer in 3 overlapping flour tortillas and top with 1/3 meat, 1/3 cheese. Repeat the layers twice and bake 10 to 12 minutes to brown cheese.
Top with scallions, lettuce and tomatoes, cut into squares and serve.
While Tacozagna cooks, make dessert.
Place cheesecake filling in bowl and mash in 2 really ripe bananas, season with cinnamon and stir in honey. Fill the crust tins and when you are ready to serve top with a swirl of whipped cream.