Tangy Ranch-Style Boneless Fried Chicken
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6-8 ounces each)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- Frying oil
- Large brown paper sack
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill or 4 teaspoons dried dill (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion (a couple palmfuls)
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic (a couple palmfuls)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (2/3 palmful)
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A handful of chives, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Combine the buttermilk and yogurt in a bowl. Cut the chicken breasts in half across the breast at the widest part. Season all of the chicken pieces liberally with salt and pepper and submerge them in the buttermilk-yogurt mixture.
In a heavy pot over medium heat, heat a couple of inches of frying oil until small bubbles appear in a rapid stream when a wooden utensil handle is placed in the oil.
In a large paper sack, combine the flour with dill, dried onion and garlic, cayenne, parsley and chives. Add half the chicken to the bag, roll up the top of the bag and shake to coat. Add the floured chicken to the oil and add the remaining chicken pieces to the flour. Fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes, until deeply golden and cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges alongside.