Thai Cucumber and Radish Salad
For a complete meal, serve with Chicken Satay Stir Fry with Orange-Scented Jasmine Rice and Coconut Shrimp.
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons light oil, such as canola or safflower
- 1 pound daikon radishes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 20 fresh basil leaves
In the bottom of a medium bowl, combine vinegar, sugar and oil. Add daikon, cucumber, bell pepper and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, tear basil into pieces and add to salad. Toss and serve.