Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 3 tablespoons chunky-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (2 splashes)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (2 pinches)
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups fresh bean spouts
- 2 carrots, grated or peeled into curls with a vegetable peeler
Heat peanut butter in the microwave in a small microwave-safe dish on high for 15 seconds to soften. Transfer peanut butter to a bowl. Whisk in oil, Tamari (a splash), vinegar, sugar and cayenne pepper.
Pile lettuce, bean spouts and carrots on a serving platter. Drizzle liberally with peanut dressing and serve.